This coming Thursday (the 15th) the staff at Oxford University Computing
Services have graciously invited us on a tour of their data centre. The
tour starts at 17:30, and *YOU MUST BRING YOUR BOD CARD* otherwise the
receptionist will not let you in. You will get the opportunity to:
- See lots of computers, flashing lights, cables, air conditioning ducts
- See the amazing robot arm that moves hard disks around and then
punches you in the face
- Ask awkward questions about file sharing (don't do this)
- Complain about nexus email (don't do this either)
- Ask genuinely interesting questions about sysadmin/operating
Afterwards, we will go to the pub, where you can talk to people who
won't glaze over if you start talking about something vaguely technical.
The person to ask the best question(s) on the tour gets a free drink at
the pub afterwards!
Hope to see you there,
ps it's roughly here: